Our Core Values:
- Loyalty – We will never give up on you. As long as you are willing, we will be your partners in life.
- Salvation – We believe that everyone has the choice to choose salvation. We are committed to bridging the gap between people and God.
- Relationships– We know that our families are a gift from God and our goal is to partner with them in having a strong and healthy household.
- Compassion – We believe that everyone needs a place to grow spiritually without fear of being judged. Our doors are open for all who choose to walk through them.
- Personal Development– We are a community of servers that are committed to help others in developing their God-given vision.
- The purpose of The River is to serve all walks of life, a place where all can feel welcomed.
- This is an environment where anyone can come and not feel threatened whether you read the Bible on a daily basis or have never even opened one.
- The River is a place where one can serve as well as be served. A location where one can learn about Jesus Christ and then share Him.
- Our vision is “Partnering with others to help them enhance their quality of life.”
- We believe God has created and gifted ALL people and our purpose is to equip them in order to live out God’s purpose for their life.
- The goal is to move people further along their journey with Jesus Christ than when they first entered The River.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
God is Good
We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons, that these are equal in every divine perfection and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption.
Nothing is Impossible
With God all things are possible. Cancer? God can heal that! More month than money? God can provide! Past hurts that haunt your present? God can wipe that away! God can transform you in ways you cannot comprehend!
We are Significant
We matter to God, period. So much so, that HE sent His only begotten Son, so that we may be reconnected to Him, whom we lost contact with all those generations ago.
We Do Life Together
No man (or woman) is an island. The Lord designed the Christian life to be done in community. The richest life is one that is lived with people who get up in the morning overjoyed that they get to serve the Lord with other Christians.
Showing Visible Love
Our salvation is not defined by what we do – we cannot earn our way into heaven. What we do is an indicator that the Lord is working in us, much like baptism. We believe that a body of believers who don’t show tangible love is like a house without windows; It is not good for much.
Worship is a Lifestyle
Worship is more than gathering and singing once a week on Sunday. It is also more than alone time with the Father. Praise and worship is a lifestyle. Does our conduct bring the praise of God into the forefront? Do we act in a way that honors the Lord?